[erlang-questions] once again gen_leader question patched vs non-patched version

db masterofquestions@REDACTED
Wed Apr 30 05:03:25 CEST 2008

I am currently running gen_leader instances only on candidate nodes.
My worker and candidate nodes are follows:

Candidate Nodes:	[a@REDACTED,b@REDACTED]
Worker Nodes:           [wa@REDACTED,wb@REDACTED]

Call is made from node c@REDACTED, which is neither candidate/worker,
causes noproc error.  See below.  If a node wants to call
gen_leader:leader_call, does it have to run a gen_leader instance?  I
tried running gen_leader instance on the workers also, but it crashed
both the gen_leader instances on node a@REDACTED and b@REDACTED  I ran both
versions of gen_leader, patched version and non-patched version.  On
patched version, I couldn't run gen_leader instance on worker nodes
(this crashed all instances of gen_leader on all nodes), but was able
to run it on non-patched version.  Which is the desired behavior, in
regards to gen_leader instance running on worker nodes?

Also, what is the actual steps to run the gen_leader, so that the
remote nodes (neither worker/candidate) can communicate with elected
leader to send task, which then pushed down to the worker nodes?

(c@REDACTED)3> gen_leader:leader_call(leader_boo, {lookup, "dummy"}).
** exception exit: {{gen_leader,leader_call,2},
                    {line,246},
                    {noproc,
                        {gen_leader,leader_call,
                            [leader_boo,{lookup,"dummy"}]}}}
     in function  gen_leader:leader_call/2

Thank you,
--
rk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that
the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is
increased.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson