[erlang-questions] [link] X10 by IBM - interesting approach to concurrency

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Tue Apr 29 21:32:06 CEST 2008

>  new programming language named X10 by IBM, with academics and DARPA

X10 makes some effort to address deadlock & races, as in providing
some guarantees if you follow certain rules. Of course even with
shared mutable state you can have rules to follow which avoid such
problems, it just happens to be hard to follow them. I've seen other
languages / systems have approaches to avoiding deadlock or at least
detecting it statically, like Timber or I think CSP.

Does anybody know of an overview of approaches taken by sundry
languages to providing guarantees re: deadlocks and races statically?

thanks.