[erlang-questions] IPv6 name resolver patch for R12B-2

Thu Apr 24 16:17:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:48:33AM +0200, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
:

> I am working on getaddrinfo support. When it seems to work I will publish
> a source patch for OTP_R12B-2 and then start on the test cases,
> to get feedback for a final version.

I now have a solution running in our daily builds.
I attach a patch for R12B-2. Please try it!

:
> > On OS X, AI_DEFAULT is defined to (AI_V4MAPPED_CFG | AI_ADDRCONFIG).
> >
> > I tested various a few different flags options, and ipv6.google.com
> > would only resolve when AI_V4MAPPED(_CFG) was *not* set.  0 and
> > AI_ADDRCONFIG both returned an IPv6 hostent structure.

ipv6.google.com has no IPv4 address hence there can not exist
an IPv6 mapped IPv4 address for it. AI_V4MAPPED_CFG should not
affect pure IPv6 addresses.