[erlang-questions] Setting node name from the shell started withou -name or -sname

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Wed Apr 23 19:30:52 CEST 2008

It is enough to:

gleber@REDACTED:~$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1> net_kernel:start([foo, shortnames]).
{ok,<0.31.0>}