[erlang-questions] Sorting a list according to another list

Alexander Lamb alexander.lamb@REDACTED
Wed Apr 23 12:06:35 CEST 2008

Thanks a lot, (you code is obviously much more efficient than mine:-)

My situation is clearly B from your examples.

So I tried your code. It works (except I changed the "==" with "=:="
under the assumption that "when not certain, use =:="

But now I tried to be smart and add a second test (I would like to
test key at position 1 and 2 in the tuples).

So here is what I did:

ps_sort_features2(Features,Template) ->
	{Sorted, Tail} = lists:foldl(
								fun(Feature, {L1, Rest}) ->
									{L1 ++ [X || X <- Rest, element(1,X) =:= element(1,Feature) ,
element(2,X) =:= element(2,Feature)],
         							[X || X <- Rest, element(1,X) =/= element(1,Feature)
or element(2,X) =/= element(2,Feature)]}
      							end,
								{[], Features},
								Template),
	Sorted ++ Tail.

Now this does not work.

It doens't like the "or" in the second list comprehension. What I was
trying to do is accumulate in L1 all element which match keypos 1 and
2 (using the comma) and accumulate in Rest  all elements which don't
match either keypos1 or keypos2.

So, how do I express a "or" in a list comprehension?

Alex