[erlang-questions] tab-expandable modules in the shell

Alexander Wagner waqner@REDACTED
Wed Apr 16 19:15:59 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have a potentially silly Question about tab-expand in the erlang shell:
Which Modules are expandable?

On my fresh install of R12B-2 (self-compiled on gentoo) it seems to work only
for a limited number of modules (a full list is at the end of this email).
I can tab-complete functions in ets, but nothing from mnesia. My own modules
are missing too (except for user_default). How can I fix this?

I have found no mention of tab-expansion in the online documentation (like
here: http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/tty.html )

Gesundheit
  Alexander Wagner

PS:
hitting tab in a fresh erl shell gives me this

$ erl
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1>
application               application_controller    application_master
beam_lib                  c                         code
code_aux                  code_server               dict
edlin                     edlin_expand              epp
erl_distribution          erl_eval                  erl_lint
erl_parse                 erl_prim_loader           erl_scan
erlang                    error_handler             error_logger
error_logger_tty_h        ets                       file
file_io_server            file_server               filelib
filename                  gb_sets                   gb_trees
gen                       gen_event                 gen_server
global                    global_group              group
heart                     hipe_unified_loader       inet
inet_config               inet_db                   inet_gethost_native
inet_parse                inet_udp                  init
io                        io_lib                    io_lib_format
kernel                    kernel_config             lists
net_kernel                orddict                   ordsets
os                        otp_ring0                 packages
prim_file                 prim_inet                 proc_lib
proplists                 ram_file                  rpc
sets                      shell                     supervisor
supervisor_bridge         sys                       user_default
user_drv                  user_sup
1>

--
John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also
never met.