[erlang-questions] Mnesia or memcached?

Nick Gerakines nick@REDACTED
Sat Apr 12 20:31:01 CEST 2008

Yariv,

If you use ram + disc backing can't you use the size of the disc from
dets:info(Table, memory)? Having a process periodically look at this value
and cleanup based on the file size could work. For the cleanup process to
work your record would have to store the time the time the record was
inserted as well as the expiration time.

I could see how under large amounts of read/write load when the system is
constantly at its max this could strain the app.

Food for thought.

# Nick Gerakines