[erlang-questions] : : Broken ipv6 behavior?

Wed Apr 9 18:12:37 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 06:16:13AM -0700, Thomas Lindgren wrote:

> --- Raimo Niskanen
> <raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > And that is something that has been on our todo
> > list for a long time now. But since no paying
> > customer
> > needs it it remains a not high enough priority.
>
> Whenever I see this sort of thing, which is basically
> overload, I think: instead of waiting for <feature x>,
> can't the rest of us help somehow?
>
> (Perhaps back to that git repository, thus? But
> writing and running lots of test suites on different
> platforms would be needed too.)

In this particular case there has to be an investigation
in if the test suites are wrong or the implementation,
or the test site (DNS vs NIS).

Would it be acceptable that there are no hostent aliases
on getaddrinfo hosts but there are on getipnodebyname
hosts? Or since there is alias information in DNS,
should the inet_gethost_native code be able to
find alias information also on getaddrinfo hosts?
And how?

EEP?