[erlang-questions] Defining static functions in abstract modules

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Apr 9 12:14:23 CEST 2008

Matthew Dempsky wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to define arbitrary static functions
> within an abstract module.

It would, yes.

> Below is a very rudimentary patch that adds support for this syntax.

Thanks!

> Are there any plans on adding static functions in a future release?

Yes, the plan was right from the start that it should be possible
to declare selected functions as static, but I never got around to
implementing it. Your patch might give me enough momentum to fix
this now. I can't promise how soon, though.

     /Richard