[erlang-questions] Vector instructions

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Tue Apr 8 14:58:59 CEST 2008

--- "Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
wrote:
> While we're at it, I'd like to throw in a wish to
> be able to handle real-time manipulation of media
> streams in Erlang (with good performance, that is).
>
> Think, for example, transcoding of video streams.
> Given Erlang's reputation as a language for
> telecoms,
> I don't think this is too far-fetched, even if it
> were to require some special syntax.

You mean '[not] too far-fetched [as a feature provided
to the user base]' rather than the tech work itself?
:-)

Anyway, I think there are plenty of interesting
applications, including many outside of the telecoms
field. It's not quite in the core area of current
Erlang practice, of course.

Best,
Thomas