[erlang-questions] Vector instructions

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Mon Apr 7 16:59:15 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Zvi <exta7@REDACTED> wrote:

>  With generic tuples it's impossible to implement efficient SIMD operations.

I would hesitate to say "impossible" :)  Efficiency would clearly be
better than what we have now, though not the pinnacle of performance
(and is anything in Erlang the pinnacle of performance?).

I can certainly see the quirks in my proposal, and I don't ever expect
to see it in Erlang.  But I don't know if adding yet another basic
data type to Erlang is the way to go.

>  Also there is many undefined/confusing behaiviors, when elements of tuple
>  are not numeric.

Not any more than you have with "1 + ok".