[erlang-questions] : : : gen_sctp:connect/5 change

Fri Apr 4 09:05:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 03:04:36PM +0200, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
:
:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 07:10:03AM -0400, Serge Aleynikov wrote:
: :
: :
> > Raimo Niskanen wrote:
: : :
: : :
> > > 2) Should connect/5 for active socket be non-blocking
> > >    or not, or selectable. If connect/5 for passive
> > >    socket is made non-blocking it should be the
> > >    same for active socket.
> >
> > Agreed.
> >

> But, should simply connect/5 for active socket be non-blocking?
>
> And only allow connect/5 on listen socket that is {active,true}?

On the issue of choosing between blocking and non-blocking
conntect, we could make connect(Socket, Addr, Port, Opts) be non-
blocking instead of being connect(Socket, Add, Port, Opts, infinity).

Or (heaven forbid) introduce connect_nb/4.