[erlang-questions] Hot code loading and OTP

Erik Stenman erik.stenman@REDACTED
Fri Sep 21 18:06:57 CEST 2007

On 21 sep 2007, at 17.19, Jay Nelson wrote:

> A friend who hadn't seen erlang before just finished reading Joe's
> book.  We were discussing hot code loading and he didn't realize that
> prefixing a function call with a Module: caused a load of code from
> disk.

Just prefixing a call with Module: *don't* cause a load from disk, it
just
causes that code to call the latest *loaded* version of the code.
You still have to explicitly load the new code into the system.

/Erik Happi Stenman