[erlang-questions] separators before end

Tony Finch dot@REDACTED
Thu Sep 20 18:12:27 CEST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Robert Virding wrote:

> This is, of course, the correct observation, ; and , are separators not
> terminators.
>
> If these were GOOD choices is a completely different matter. I personally am
> so used to it that it is not a problem and I don't really see the problem.
> :-)

I don't think it would hurt to allow programmers to write ;end.

See Bertrand Meyer's dicussion of the topic on p.11 of
http://se.ethz.ch/~meyer/publications/oxford-hoare/evolution.pdf

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@REDACTED>  http://dotat.at/
IRISH SEA: SOUTHERLY, BACKING NORTHEASTERLY FOR A TIME, 3 OR 4. SLIGHT OR