[erlang-questions] separators before end

Minsloc Tarren minsloc@REDACTED
Wed Sep 19 23:07:22 CEST 2007

But why would anybody want this ?
If the meaning of the code doesn't change, the only thing is everybody would
be forced to type extra characters (and it's the de-facto standard to use
semicolon as separator or end-statement character, this would only confuse
newcomers.

Same goes for the if example, 4 semicolons instead of 3  (I'm not counting
the one serving as an and).

The rule is simple, _separate_ expressions with "," and branches with ";".

Or bring forth a SOUND argument that will convince all of those who are used
to this kind of notation for years (I'm not an long time erlanger, but this
was a no-brainer, seemed just natural and logical) that there is real
benefit to it (other then that you would cut-and-paste your "programs"
together twice as fast ;-)))))))

Just try to go to java forum and convince them to switch to prefix notation
(or just shout as loud as you can "Lisp, Smalltalk, Ruby, dynamic typing"
etc, either will get your ass busted ;-))))).