[erlang-questions] du in Erlang as a first attempt at an application

Minsloc Tarren minsloc@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 11:01:13 CEST 2007

Something like this should work

<pseudo-code>
dirsize(Dir) ->
  {Dirs,Files} = listdir(Dir),
  sum([filesize(File) || File <- Files])      % iterate over Files,
collecting return values of filesize(<file>), then sum the list
    + sum([dirsize(Dir2) || Dir2 <- Dirs]).  % ditto for for directories
(recursively)
</pseudo-code>

Not so effective, but quite elegant, I hope ;-)

Does not detect circular links ...