[erlang-questions] Representation of a map in bytecode?

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 10:13:59 CEST 2007

"Hugh Perkins" <hughperkins@REDACTED> writes:

> Ermmm..... random question, if lists:map is implementation dependent,
> I guess this means that, in standard erlang, the test results on one
> architecture are not portable to other architectures?  Is this a good
> thing?

The result IS the same on all architectures.

There once was a difference between the BEAM and JAM (Joe Armstrong
virtual Machine). JAM has since then been retired (it was last seen in
the R5B release).

/Bjorn