[erlang-questions] FFI for Erlang: patches and draft EEP

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Tue Sep 11 15:05:40 CEST 2007

Alceste Scalas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some time ago [1] I asked for comments about extending Erlang/OTP with a
> Foreign Function Interface (FFI) --- i.e. some new BIFs for calling
> external C code, with automatic Erlang/C type translations.  The
> response was pretty good.

Nice work  - two questions.

call erlang--> C and binary() data: Is the binary data copied
or does the C function get a pointer/size pair - the latter
would be optimal.

return C --> erlang - I can't seem to find any ways for the
C code to return a binary() back to erlang ?? This is IMHO
necessary

/klacke