[erlang-questions] Newbie training project proposal

Tomasz Błachowicz tblachowicz@REDACTED
Mon Sep 10 13:33:19 CEST 2007

On 9/10/07, Roberto Saccon <rsaccon@REDACTED> wrote:
> Interesting porject, but you should also clarify what will be your
> role and what is your skill level otherwise people might think either
> you are looking for somebody who does your work or the opposite, that
> your are volunteering as Erlang tutor and mentor.

You are right. I should mention that I'm not any erlang mentor :) I
wish I were, but I'm not. I've been senior Java/J2EE fellow for more
than 5 years now. I'm really keen to learn some new programming
techniques to broaden my mind and also improve my skill set. I came
across erlang recently, really like Joe's book and decided to give
erlang a try.

I don't have any requirements in relation to participants, I was just
wondering if there are any pragmatic guys like myself, who would like
to learn by practice i.e. coding but not only theory. I think OO
background would be good, because we then would easier understand each
other :) I imagine that any help from experienced erlang programmers
would be appreciated as well if someone would be interested in correct
mistakes or clarify things.

In other words, the purpose of the project is education and anyone
interested in getting speed in erlang is welcome.

Cheers,
Tom