[erlang-questions] Intel Quad CPUs

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Fri Sep 7 16:27:33 CEST 2007

Isn't initial-caps a conflict with expressions like this:

map/2: list(T1), (T1 -> T2) -> list(T2)

?

Cheers,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Tony Finch
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 09:12
To: Kostis Sagonas
Cc: damien.morton@REDACTED; Erlang
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Intel Quad CPUs

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Kostis Sagonas wrote:

>      there needs to be way to distinguish between atoms (i.e.
>      singleton types) and type names.
>
>      Some types can also take parameters.

I'd suggest using initial caps for type names, and omit the () except
when the type parameter is non-trivial. (That is somewhat like the Haskell
type syntax.)

>  We want to be as much as possible compatible with edoc.

I understand :-/

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@REDACTED>  http://dotat.at/
IRISH SEA: SOUTHERLY, BACKING NORTHEASTERLY FOR A TIME, 3 OR 4. SLIGHT OR