[erlang-questions] Seeking guidance

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Thu Sep 6 23:33:08 CEST 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 9:50 , Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:

> The Erlang concurrent and distributed facilities would be
> significant pluses for us.  What we are unclear about is Erlang's
> support for different languages calling our API's ie. can customers
> building web-based applications with Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby or
> Python call the API's?

	The languages don't matter, it's just the protocols.  I've seen a
lot of SOAP-based protocols that you pretty much couldn't use outside
of java, and I've implemented custom binary protocols for which I've
got implementations in at least three languages.

	If the goal of the protocol is interoperability, and you actually
try to achieve that goal, then you should be fine.

--
Dustin Sallings