[erlang-questions] This seems an unfair benchmark

David King dking@REDACTED
Thu Sep 6 17:46:04 CEST 2007

> http://weblog.plexobject.com/?p=1576
> I was surfing reddit.com this morning and found this benchmark. The
> problem with it is Erlang is the only one actually using
> concurrency in
> it, and I suspect his Erlang wasn't written very well. He was
> comparing
> Erlang using threads to Java/C++/Ruby only using method invocations.
> Seems a bit biased eh?

 From the article:
"As far as mapping algorithm to the language, I found that Erlang fit
very nicely for distributed algorithms that involve a lot of
communications. I left the C++, Java and Ruby version very simple and
didn’t try to implement truly indpendent processes and communication
because that would have required a lot more effort".