[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Thu Sep 6 02:14:57 CEST 2007

On 5 Sep 2007, at 19:57, Peter Lund wrote:
> From: Peter Lund <erlang@REDACTED>
> Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Tilera 64-core chip
> To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
>
> Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) skrev:
>
>> It would be rather silly to advertise PCIexpress
>> cards, if they hadn't actually produced some,
>> though...
>
> Isn't this exactly the way it is normally done over there
> on the Western hemisphere? :)
>
> /Peter

Believe it or not, it's often a *bit* more subtle ;-)
I would expect an ad for vapour-ware to be something that takes more
time and commitment than a PCIe board. For example, just the chip.
That way it's *much* easier to filter out 'time wasters' who might
imagine they'll plug in the board, load the SDK, and 'go'. The few
real prospects who can show they can deal with a raw chip should be
easier to spot in the crowd. Cynical, moi ?-)

Of course, Tilera's investors may be getting nervous now that Intel
are getting more bullish about their 80-core ... :-)
        [I don't expect so, really sorry guys.]

GB