[erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang or Equivalent

Michael Campbell michael.campbell@REDACTED
Thu Sep 6 01:11:01 CEST 2007

On 9/5/07, Benjamin Tolputt <bjt@REDACTED> wrote:

> I would agree that there seems to be some confusion in the discussion.
> On the other hand, being able to create a single executable (with
> perhaps one or two other files for the related beam archives) is where I
> am coming from.
>
> As I mentioned in an earlier email, the standard in game deployment is a
> single executable, with whatever necessary DLL's required (as few as
> possible), and a small number of (generally large) archive files for the
> game resources (everything from scripts & byte-code to image, models, &
> sound files).

What kid of games are you talking about?  I'll admit, I'm probably
using as bad an anti-example as I can come up with, but a recent
MMORPG clocks in at 6709 files.  Probably 20 of those are for a custom
UI I've installed.