[erlang-questions] Intel Quad CPUs

Tobias Lindahl tobias.lindahl@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 09:49:10 CEST 2007

Kirill Zaborski wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Kirill Zaborski wrote:
>>
>>> Or I will have to write 2 different lines of comments describing the
>>> same types?
>> The idea is that you would not have to write comments anymore.  Doesn't
>> this sound wonderful? :-)
>>
>> Humor aside, the point is: comments are dangerous because they suffer
>> from code rot; type information integrated in the language will most
>> probably not: its compatibility with the code will be checked.
>

> Wow  it looks quite promising  to me. And when it is planned for? Will there
> be an EEP for it?

We will present the specification language and some of its interaction
with the analysis in Dialyzer at the Erlang Workshop next month. We have
a functioning system and have started to annotate the libraries in OTP
for testing purposes. There will probably be an EEP at some point since
we are hoping to have it included in R12B.

Best,
Tobias