[erlang-questions] Tilera 64-core chip

Salvatore Mangano smangano@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 05:35:08 CEST 2007

I too have tried to get them to respond. No luck yet. I guess you have to
have really deep pockets to get any attention. Perhaps contating someone in
mgmt directly would get better results. I miss the good ole days when the
hobbiest community meant something to the industry. Sigh.

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of G Bulmer
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:35 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Tilera 64-core chip

I have filled in the web-forms yesterday, and telephoned Tilera
several times today, but I haven't had a response. I have a potential
commercial application, so I'm keen to get prices on the board.

Other interesting comments from someone who (says they) worked on RAW
are here:
http://realworldtech.com/forums/index.cfm?
action=detail&id=82137&threadid=82135&roomid=2
they identify several possible weaknesses (though memory is the main
one that might effect my application).

This person notes some of the weaknesses of RAW, and the apparent
improvements. It may be quite complex to use, depends on their
software development tools.

GB