[erlang-questions] Tools for Erlangers

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sat Sep 1 21:45:26 CEST 2007

I'd have to agree. I'm primarily a Vim user but the Emacs mode for
Erlang was enough to get me to use it. I don't actually use distel
very much, but I really like the electric semicolons, proper syntax
highlighting and indenting, and shell integration of the Emacs mode.

We ended up writing most of our own software stack beyond what's in
the OTP distribution. I wasn't very happy with Yaws, so we wrote our
own web server. We have an internal fork of the jungerl pgsql driver,
though I'm not sure how much of the original is really left. Yaws
performed fine, but I wanted something lower level that was easier to
code on top of... basically a set of libraries that let you speak
HTTP, rather than keeping you a whole process away from touching the
TCP socket like Yaws does.

We have used Tsung a little bit for testing and benchmarking.

-bob