[erlang-questions] Restrict epmd to one IP address?

nindeu@REDACTED nindeu@REDACTED
Wed Oct 31 19:02:01 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your answers! Per, you are right, these parameters are documented. I just grepped through the doc and not through the lib directory.

It would be no problem to create a patch for epmd. But that creates dependencies for future Erlang updates. Not good.

Creating a jail for epmd is better than setting up a firewall. But nevertheless, jail will hardly be in the baseline image used to setup servers here. Security management will ask some interesting questions. But ok... Have to look how this is done best under Solaris and Linux.

Nevertheless in the future having an option for epmd to bind it to a specific IP address would be great. I guess epmd has challenged security policies already in other corporate environments.

Regards,
Eric