[erlang-questions] Erlang implementations for deployment

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Oct 29 15:37:07 CET 2007

Hi,

The term Commercial Erlang is out dated. There used to be be a
"commercial" version with some extra components compared with the Open
Source version but that was 10 years ago or so.
Today there is only one version of Erlang OTP and that is what we
deliver as Open Source Erlang.

When it comes to support we (Ericsson Erlang/OTP team) can
unfortunately not deliver new support license contracts because of
administrative reasons (has been like that several years now) but we
are working on it and will hopefully in due time come to an
arrangement that works.

Erlang on Linux is a good choice, Linux x86 is probably the most used
platform for deployment of systems written in Erlang.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson