[erlang-questions] Erlang processes and state management design

Alexander Lamb alexander.lamb@REDACTED
Wed Oct 24 14:15:13 CEST 2007

Thanks a lot,

But you seem to not consider solution 2 (process dictionnary). Is
this because it is not efficient, or at least not more efficient than
parameters?

Also, I read somewhere that the heap for processes in Erlang was
rather small for historical reasons. If I store data in the
parameters or in the process dictionnary, will I run into some limit?
Alternatively, I suppose the data for ETS structures are stored on
the node's heap and not in the process heap? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Alex

Alexander Lamb
Founding Associate