[erlang-questions] ets error with shell startup params

Dave Rafkind dave.rafkind@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 22:15:50 CEST 2007

Hello list, I'm having some trouble with ETS. I have the following code in
tracker.erl

dave1() ->
  ObjectSet = ets:new(object_set, [set, {keypos, 5}]),
  spawn(tracker, dave2, [[], ObjectSet]).

dave2(ClientList, ObjectSet) ->
  MyList = ets:tab2list(ObjectSet),
  io:format("ObjectSet: ~p~n", [MyList]).

This code works fine if I do

   erl -boot start_sasl -pz ebin -sname dave

and then run tracker:dave1() from the shell.

But if I do

  erl -boot start_sasl -pz ebin -sname dave -s tracker dave1

Then I get this error in the shell on startup:

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Oct-2007::16:07:11 ===
Error in process <0.46.0> on node 'dave@REDACTED' with exit value:
{badarg,[{ets,match_object,[16,'_']},{ets,tab2list,1},{tracker,dave2,2}]}

What's up with that? Do I have to enforce some ordering of application
startup?