[erlang-questions] Rant: I hate parsing XML with Erlang

Anders Nygren anders.nygren@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 16:27:49 CEST 2007

On 10/23/07, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I tried writing a very permissive feedparser but lost
> > interest partially due to the ugliness of Erlang's XML parsing APIs.
>
> Running yaws_html:parse/1 on a sample RSS feed works just fine. I
> suspect you can't get anymore permissive than that.

I tried to use it a couple of years ago and it was of no help to me since
it actually requires correct HTML. Which the sites I tried to scrape
refused to provide, (missing end tags and so on).

Anders