[erlang-questions] Why single-assignment with non-shared state?

Cameron Kerr ckerr@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 00:52:55 CEST 2007

On 21/10/2007, at 10:47 PM, Matej Kosik wrote:

> I agree that fragments of code written in Erlang's functional
> subset can be subject to
> proof-techniques (about program correctness) developed for
> functional programs but what about the
> non-functional constructs? Have you developed some proof techniques
> to cover also these constructs?
> Which? I am interested. (I do not mean crashes).

Concurrent models such as CSP could probably be applied to the
concurrent parts of an Erlang program, though I have yet to read the
CSP book.

--
• Cameron Kerr  • ✉ ckerr@REDACTED •
• Telecommunications Teaching Fellow & SysAdmin •

"Technological advances are not made by sadomasochistic, cultic, tool-
worshipping pain freaks." – http://freeshells.ch/~revence/myths.txt