[erlang-questions] Why single-assignment with non-shared state?

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Oct 20 13:33:46 CEST 2007

While single assignment and pattern matching go very well
together, it's a little bit less obvious how mutable state and
pattern matching would combine as nicely. Erlang's current
semantics for binding and matching make it quite straight-
forward to reason about even very complex programming
patterns.

BR,
Ulf W