[erlang-questions] SCTP support (was EPIPE and TCP sockets)

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Sat Oct 13 17:40:59 CEST 2007

Bruce

Thank you, that was a very helpful answer.

I understand the 'advertising' feature list for SCTP, but I've never
appreciated the issue you explained.
I'd only skimmed http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3286, and I'd not
noticed anything about 'heart-beating' until now either (9.1 and
9.2e), so that was great!

I strongly agree that it's a bit early to deploy SCTP in an hostile
environment, unless there are *critical* benefits that outweigh the
risks (and you can manage the risks :-).

Anybody - On a related track, do all Erlang messages between two
specific Erlang nodes go down one socket?
[I thought the response to my question would be out-of-order delivery
being the killer SCTP feature, but maybe that isn't an issue].

Thanks again
Garry Bulmer