[erlang-questions] Where is 13th International Erlang/OTP User Conference going to be?

Michael Schreckenbauer grimlog@REDACTED
Fri Oct 12 13:09:12 CEST 2007

Hello list, hi Francesco, greetings G Bulmer,

as a new member, I first like to introduce myself.
I'm Michael, my homebase is in the south of germany, in between Salzburg,
Austria and Munich, Bavaria. My first contact to erlang was about a year ago.
I am married, we have no children, but 5 cats ;)

Am Sonntag, 11. November 2007 schrieb Francesco Cesarini:
> > Has anyone been on the course, who is also familiar with the contents
> > of Joe's book? Have you got comments about the course that you could
> > share?
>
> I need to leave that to others who attended.

I would be one of them. I read Joe's book and attended the course in London in
June. The course was one of the best I ever was part of. Although my erlang
knowledge was only basic, based on a beta of the book and some practice I got
from first small projects in the team I work for, I had no problems
following. My feeling was, that although the basic idea is to develop a
simple bank application, the course itself is customized in some ways,
depending on the needs of people joining and their skills. It's focussed on
OTP, but we also had a look at traceing and learned a lot about mnesia.
So, I'd say, having worked through the book is enough to get through this
course and the course is really worth it, if you want to dig deeper into OTP
and erlang.
I really enjoyed it. If you have further questions, keep asking :)

> Regards,
> Francesco
> --
> http://www.erlang-consulting.com