[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 5, Issue 34

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Thu Oct 11 22:09:19 CEST 2007

Call me cheap, but *anything* which which doesn't tell me the
commercial price on the web site makes me nervous.
I did look at BDB pricing a few years ago, and I recall we were
looking at $30k very quickly.
Even that level of pricing seems to have disappeared from the Oracle/
sleepycat web site.

I would like something like InterSystems Caché database, which seems
to be close in spirit to Erlang.
I have not used it in a live project, but I have spent time with a
guy using it in anger in large US hospitals (yes, in the care-side,
not just administration), and he made some very interesting and
relevant points.
Cache can have multiple schema's for the 'same' 'table' active
simultaneously, and
It doesn't require the system to be taken down in order to add or
modify schema's.

I am very out of date with BDB, but I don't think it has those types
of capabilities (but, I'm very happy to be corrected).

GB