[erlang-questions] Can't build on new Sun T2?

ok ok@REDACTED
Mon Oct 8 03:27:03 CEST 2007

On 6 Oct 2007, at 9:16 pm, Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> Good idea. Let's turn off auto-enabling on Solaris/Sparc in R12B.

NO, just try getting it right.  It worked for me.  I don't use gas
*ever*.  In fact it came as something of a surprise that it was even
installed.  Why does HiPE even want gas?

I note that there is a very good reason for a Solaris system
to be using a gcc which doesn't use gas, and that is when it is really
'gccfss' (GCC For Solaris Systems), which uses a GCC front end and a
Sun back end, so that you get the best of both worlds:  GCC language
extensions and Sun optimisation competence at the best price: your
time to install it.  That is, in fact, my current gcc.