[erlang-questions] Where is 13th International Erlang/OTP User Conference going to be?

G Bulmer gbulmer@REDACTED
Sun Oct 7 20:16:05 CEST 2007

After last weeks excellent Erlang workshop, I am thinking about going
to the 13th International Erlang/OTP User Conference.
Unfortunately, I don't know where it is (more precisely than Stockholm).

Is it in a hotel or a conference centre?
Is there a hotel offering a good deal on accommodation? I notice that
Hotell Älvsjö was offering a discount last year.

I realise this is very likely too late for this year, but I will
suggest it anyway.
It takes several days out of my schedule to go to a conference, and
it's much easier to justify to myself when there are a couple of days
of content. I would be very interested in a full day of training-
orientated sessions towards "Erlang for those who have largely read
and understood Joe's book". The things I feel I miss are the
idiomatic uses of Erlang (like John Hughes' tiny [X || X>0]), and I'd
love a 1/2+ day chunk of "Programming Distributed Erlang
Applications: Pitfalls & Recipes" with hands on exercises. I suspect
other newbies would too.

I wouldn't expect it for free, though I am price sensitive (this is
my holiday, after all :-), maybe 116 €/person, with a group of 20
people? We bring our laptops with Erlang installed and ready to go,
and the organiser provides a wireless network to distribute example
code, slides and stuff. The whole thing could be the day after the
user conference.

If Erlang takes off big, it will be almost essential for next year.
So the opportunity is to beta-test the whole process on us this year :-)

I notice that last year, the conference was 2 days long. Does anyone
know why it's only one day, the 8th, this year, or is there more
announcements to come?

G Bulmer