[erlang-questions] Attracting Functional Programmers

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Sun Oct 7 12:06:01 CEST 2007

I think we have to answer the question:

    "what is the compelling reason to use Erlang?"

Its not ('cos it's FP)

The  2 second pitch which I used at JAOO was

Erlang = Parallel programming without pain

I'm not sure if this is best - it could be

Fault-tolerant ptogramming without pain or

Multicore programming wthout pain

I hope this answers the question

/Joe