[erlang-questions] node discovery (was nodes not visible until net_adm:world() )

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Oct 3 10:44:31 CEST 2007

On 03/10/2007, Richard Andrews <bbmaj7@REDACTED> wrote:

> Is there a more appropriate mechanism to achieve a fully connected network than
> net_adm:world()? I find that call distasteful as the connected network is a
> side-effect of the call rather than the intent and as such might not always
> work that way in the future. Is there any call which has the explicit intent of
> creating a fully connected network?

The kernel has a couple of configuration parameters which might
achieve what you want.

Lookup 'sync_nodes_optional'  and 'sync_nodes_mandatory' in the kernel man page.

cheers
Chandru