[erlang-questions] Fwd: newbie distel / general node help

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Sat Mar 31 21:33:12 CEST 2007

P.S.: After some experimenting on my Windows XP PC (although with a
newer version of erlang), I found there using "erl -sname
foo@REDACTED" and "net_adm:ping('bar@REDACTED')." would work. Using
"@localhost" didn't fix the issue on CentOS/OpenVZ.

When I called "erl_epmd:names()." on the XP machine it would list the
two nodes (even if I'd started without "@localhost" for sname, but in
that case ping didn't work).

However trying "erl_epmd:names(). " on my CentOS/OpenVZ machine just
froze for a long time and then eventually gave "{error,address}".

For whatever it might be worth to any other folks :-}