[erlang-questions] Which Book?

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Sat Mar 24 04:07:06 CET 2007

Chad Wilson wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have just begun my journey with Erlang.  Of the various books
> available on Erlang, which one(s) worked for as a beginner?

I'll try and beat everyone else on the list and say try

http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/jaerlang/index.html

Which is written by one of the authors who wrote the older "Concurrent
Programming in Erlang" which still has part 1 available publicly as a
pdf at

http://www.erlang.org/doc.html ( 3rd and 4th link down).

This latter book or at least part one thereof is what I relied on in
learning Erlang. I also read many of the papers floating around to get a
grasp of the philosophy in writing in Erlang.

Jeff.