[erlang-questions] CEAN and Proxy

norbertk Norbert.Klamann@REDACTED
Wed Mar 21 12:38:23 CET 2007

Hello all,
I managed to download the CEAN with wget and try to use it behind a proxy.

I wanted to see the available packages with
> cean:available().

and got the following error which I do not understand:
<----------------------
=ERROR REPORT==== 21-Mar-2007::11:55:10 ===
** Generic server <0.34.0> terminating
** Last message in was {{send_req,["http://cean.process-one.net/R11B/devel/linux-x86.lst",
                                   [],
                                   get,
                                   [],
                                   [{proxy_host,"proxy..xxx.yy.de"},
                                    {proxy_port,"80"}],
                                   60000]},
                        {<0.30.0>,#Ref<0.0.0.37>}}
** When Server state == {state,"proxy.xxx.yy.de",
                               "80",
                               false,
                               undefined,
                               [],
                               false,
                               undefined,
                               {[],[]},
                               undefined,
                               idle,
                               undefined,
                               [],
                               0,
                               [],
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               false,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               [],
                               false,
                               undefined,
                               undefined}
** Reason for termination ==
** {function_clause,[{inet_tcp,getserv,["80"]},
                     {gen_tcp,connect1,4},
                     {gen_tcp,connect,4},
                     {ibrowse_http_client,handle_info,2},
                     {gen_server,handle_msg,6},
                     {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}

At first I forgot to set the HTTP_PROXY variable in the start.sh-Script, but now this is corrected and the value is shown above - whenever masked by me) . I double-checked its value against the one that I used to download the 'cean_installer.bin' itself and it seems to be the same.

Thanks for listening !
--
All the best

Norbert Klamann