[erlang-questions] dependency on inets for string functions

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Mar 19 22:42:33 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED> wrote:
> > > What's the status of bit-level binaries and general comprehensions? Is
> > > that coming in R11B-4 too? That would REALLY be awesome.
> >
> > Their status is that these are present in R11B-3 already !
>
> Hi,
>
> Maybe it would be useful to know that in order to be able to use
> those, the module has to be compiled with
> -compile([binary_comprehension, bitlevel_binaries]).
>
> I didn't know :-)

The complete support for binary comprehensions and bitlevel binaries will
not be released in R11B-4.
With complete I mean e.g. as default in the compiler and more.
There are still some compatibility issues that we have to think of
very carefully
before we turn the support for bitlevel binaries on as default.

/Kenneth (OTP Team at Ericsson)