[erlang-questions] : : file:sync

Fri Mar 9 15:18:03 CET 2007

After some more digging...

We can not use the _commit() function since it operates on the
posix compatibility filedescriptors that was not reliable enough.

But reading Microsoft's source code for _commit() gives us that it
uses FlushFileBuffers() that would work, and exist for valid platforms.

The original implementor seem to have failed to find the
FlushFileBuffers() function, that is why it is unimplemented.

We will try (no promise; busy period) to squeeze it into R11B-4.

I have looked through win_efile.c and can only find the functions
operating on links that immediately return error, but no more
dummy implemented functions.