[erlang-questions] compile module from string, containing macro definitions

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Fri Mar 9 08:43:38 CET 2007

Ulf Wiger wrote:
> Den 2007-03-09 02:17:50 skrev Robert Virding <robert.virding@REDACTED>:
>
>> Of course the easiest solution to all this is to modify epp, the
>> preprocessor, to read from a file. I haven't really considered the
>> problem before now as the only times I have looked at generating
>> code on the fly as strings it has been "preprocessed".
>
> My suggestion was to improve the ram_file_server, so that you
> could take a string representation of code, open it as a ram
> file, and then use any tool that can operate on a file
> descriptor (which epp_dodger can, but epp can't).

   improving the ram_file_server might well be useful, but surely the
preprocessor should accept a string as input? actually, i think it should accept
a token list too.

   mats