[erlang-questions] ErlIde

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Tue Jul 31 14:21:24 CEST 2007

Thanks for the reply.

I saw PathA and PathZ parameters in the ERTS config in the ErlIde, but they
don't seem to be working. Also in Project Properties there's "ext inc",
probably to include external include files, but doesn't seems to be working
either (is it to include directory or file?). I'll create a bug report.

Even with here and there glitches, ErlIde is an excellent IDE for Erlang
development.

Thanks,
- Eranga

-----Original Message-----
From: Vlad Dumitrescu [mailto:vladdu55@REDACTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:09 PM
To: Eranga Udesh
Cc: Erlang Questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] ErlIde

Hi,

On 7/31/07, Eranga Udesh <casper2000a@REDACTED> wrote:
> I found out, that this happens when a project exists with the same name.
The
> ErlIde sets the project directory as a code:lib_dir prior to ERTS
directory.
> For eg.
> "d:/Development/workspace/genlibs/branches/property_file-0.1/ebin"
> Comes before,
> "d:/DEVELO~1/ERL55~1.5/lib/property_file-1.0/ebin"
>
> Is it possible to do this the other way? This is important, since some
> packages generates Erl header files and I don't like to save them in the
> Projects' include directory, but rather at ERTS/lib/<app>/include
directory.
> Is that possible?

Yes, of course it is possible to do it the other way. Trouble is that
there are other cases when that won't work (for example when one needs
to override a module from ERTS/lib/<some_app> in one's project). So
the solution would be to have a project option as to whether to use
add_patha or add_pathz on the project's ebin directory.

It might take a couple of days to fix it. If you add a bug report, it
will be easier to get notified when the fix is in place.

best regards,
Vlad