[erlang-questions] application modules uniquely named?

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Wed Jul 25 04:22:38 CEST 2007

In general its not a problem. That said its not uncommon for
developers to prefix module names with an adhoc 'namespace', usually
based on the application name. For example, I develop on a project
called sinan, all modules in the sinan application are prefixed with
the name sin_. It mitigates the possibility of namespace collision.

There is a package system, but it is unsupported and more or less
deprecated. You can take look at a recent thread around the topic here
-> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-October/023728.html.
The thread is spread over two months and not well connected in the
mailing list ui so you may need to dig around a bit if you want to
read the whole thread.