[erlang-questions] Using Erlide with CEAN

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Jul 24 21:44:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 7/22/07, Mikkel Jensen <mj@REDACTED> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was using Erlide with CEAN?
>
> From the source code it seems that Erlide requires the following to be
> present in a valid OTP home dir
>
> bin/erl
> bin/erlc
> lib

This is correct.

>  Still, it does not want to recognize the CEAN base dir as a valid OTP home.

I only tested on Windows, and there there aren't any files under
cean\bin, which explains why the place isn't recognized as a valid
erlang installation directory.

On other OSs, I suppose that bin/erl and bin/erlc are just symbolic
links and it's possible that the code in erlide doesn't recognize
them.

Please file a bug report if this problem is important to you.

best regards,
Vlad